the journey begins...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Neighbour



It's not easy finding Indonesian friends here in Sharjah, but I'm very lucky to have found one...residing near my building, just 5 minutes walk. I know her through my mom's friend who lives in Dubai. One day she called and I eagerly asked if I could visit her. She has a 4 year old daughter, so I brought my son with me.


The minute she opened her apartment's door, I could smell something so nice. She made us a plate of onde-onde (balls-shaped sweets covered with sesame...hmm..) and combro (traditional Indonesian snack made from cassava, coconut flesh, tempe or soy cake and various spices). Yummy!! So we chat and chat and though her pretty daugher Zahra and Akram were not really playing together, my son refused to go home so my husband had to pick us up



We certainly had fun and went home with a bag full of onde-onde and combro :)

*picture by Patrick Beckers

2 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger kiky f said…

    xixixiix, kalo lagi homesick emang deh, combro is the number one? ngga somay sekalian ?:-D
    sun buat akram dari kezia dan kevin ya bu...

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger laras said…

    Waduh..kalau ngikutin pengen sih...maunya ada somay, mpek-mpek, bakso, sate, rujak, gado-gado...hehehe..kalau mau bikinin terus kirim boleh juga ky...hehehe...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home