the journey begins...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Teh Susu


...or tea with milk. Today I had a cup while doing some school hunting for my son. And oh...down I went to memory lane where my beautiful enchanting childhood treasures are kept.

My late grandpa was a people's person. He had lots of friends from different background, profession, and nationalities. He often hosted parties at his house, Teuku Umar 32. Me and my dearest cousin, Kleting, were always encouraged to take part in those parties (the best thing was.. we got to stay up a bit late....yeehaw!) Our job was to serve drinks to the guests. Coffee, tea, but of course were not allowed to get anywhere near the liquor section. We had tons of fun. Our faces would turn red everytime a guest thanked us for the drink and praised our performance as drink servers :) When they were all happy and satisfied with their drinks, and then it was our turn. Put the tea bag in the cup, press the thermos button for boiling hot water, add four teaspoons of sugar, and last...pour milk until the color of the tea turns whitish brown. Hmm...yum..yum...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home