the journey begins...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

To Infinity and Beyond...


Buzz and Woody are just so much fun!!!! I watched the first Toy Story years ago when it was first released and didn't watch it again until recently. Bought both Toy Story and Toy Story 2 DVD's before moving to the Emirates especially for Akram. He liked it the instant we watched them, and ever since he's been absorbed by the world of buzz, woody and the whole toy gang. I have to admit that I've been developing a huge amount of fondness for the heroes of the movies. Especially Woody, who's voice is played by Tom Hanks, my favorite actor. I think Woody is hilarious! He's definitely more 'human' than Buzz. He makes mistakes and learn from them (like we all do), but doesn't mean that I don't like Buzz. He's Akram's favorite! In fact, we just bought a Buzz Lightyear toy for him a week ago, and Buzz has won a special spot on Akram's bed. "To infinity and beyond...", Akram chants those words everyday while jumping of off the bed or couch.

The more I watch those movies, the more I like them. I even laugh at the same jokes and same silly scenes over and over again. The other character I like is Rex the Dinosaur with inferiority complex. He's soooo culun and polos (I couldn't find the right english words to describe him...free translation: comical and naive???) His comments and facial expression are so funny, thumbs up for Wallace Shawn who did Rex's voice. There's been a rumour going on that Disney will make Toy Story 3, but without Pixar, the brain of the project. Some websites mention that it's been cancelled (ooh, too bad). I'd love to see all of the toys going on an adventure again. But hey...there will always be Toy Story and Toy Story2 to keep me and my son entertained.
For those of you who haven't had the chance to watch these movies, please do! It's suitable for all ages, packed with laughter, and features amazing songs. So go grab some chips and colas, and laugh your heart out!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger kiky f said…

    ibu laras cantik, aku tak tau dirimu punya blog. :)

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger laras said…

    hehe...baru kok blog-nya, pas pindah ke Dubai, Ky...eh anak2mu udah pada gede2 yaaa...

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Farina Situmorang said…

    long time no see, bu..
    remember me? K-O-M 99.. :)
    nice blog you have here..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home