the journey begins...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Driving License Drama

One of the downside of living in the Emirates is the difficulty of getting a driving license. Ironically, we have a high rate of accidents and the taxi drivers here are the most reckless I've met so far. My husband is a living proof of the issue. First of all, being an Indonesian citizen doesn't help. Our very own license is not valid (I guess everybody in the world knows how easy to get a license in Indonesia even when you don't actually know how to drive). So my husband must take an initial test to determine whether he has to enroll in a driving institute or not. Turns out, he needs twelve hours of lesson to take the official driving test (yet I know for sure that he is a very good driver, too careful sometimes..)

In the process of the lessons, the instructor said that he doesn't have to complete all twelve hours, and suggested that my husband should take the police test right away (this is a bit weird considering my husband had paid the full amount of the lessons fee, and I'm telling you it's not cheap!!) So after just three or four lessons, he took the test. Result: he failed because the policeman said my husband didn't see a car behind him or something like that (not really an important point). Second attempt, from the first time my husband saw the policeman who was going to test him he knew something was wrong. The policeman was bossy and rude to everyone (there were three other men taking the test). So the result was quite as predicted, he failed again, came home swearing without really saying the swear words...hehe...but I could see from his face that he was really pissed off.

Today, the third attempt.....he finally succeed!! Hooray!!! I guess this will be the driving license experience he will remember for the rest of his life :P

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger joeffry said…

    hi...

    apa kabar disana? gimana akram, pasti makin tinggi en lari-larian terus yah?

    selamat yah buat ayed yg akhirnya dapet sim juga :)

    ok deh, met enjoy ur life there, hope i have an opportunity to visit your family. Who knows ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home