the journey begins...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

house chores

I must admit that I was spoiled as a child. I remember never having to do any chores around the house, not even washing my own dish after lunch or dinner. They were all taken care of. All I had to do was just ask, sit back and I would (almost always) get what I wanted. So I grow up not knowing some basic home survival skills (ouch!) like cleaning, cooking, and maintaining. If you asked me what spinach, coriander, parsley, or cumin look like I would certainly answer "I don't know".

I know sooner or later I have to learn about this domestic wonders. This is the perfect time. I get to manage my own place now, so like it or not I must do things I've been avoiding my whole life. Cleaning the bathroom will always be on the top of my list, but doesn't a squeaky clean bathroom reflect your whole household? Scrub, scrub, squirt, squirt, brush, brush...and I was surprisingly happy with my own bathroom cleaning skill. It wasn't that hard after all.

When it comes to kitchen skills, sadly I wasn't born with many talents. My first attempt of making a lasagna was a disaster. It had no shape whatsoever and got burned pretty badly :P Other than the 'lasagna incident' I managed to make some basic dishes, mainly because I took advantage of ready to use spices (thank God for these little marvels!)

Unlike me though, my son is keen to participate in cleaning the house. When he saw me mopping the floor, he insisted that he'd do the job without my help. Gosh..how sweet of him. I'm so inexperienced in this field, my husband is just hopeless and look what we produce...!!! I hope he grows up getting used to all of this chore stuff.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger kiky f said…

    akram makin mirip said ya bu.:)
    mau donk dipelin juga kamarnya tante,kram? ;p

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger laras said…

    masa sih akram makin mirip ayahnya? Hehe...sewot gini ibunya :P Lumayan ada bantuan kalau soal ngepel mengepel...hihihi. Eh your two little babies gimana? Kezia udah sekolah belum?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home